"And he who was seated on the throne said, "Behold, I am making all things new...."
-Revelation 21:5

"An unmarried woman is concerned about the Lord's affairs: Her aim is to be devoted to the Lord...."
-1 Corinthians 7: 34

"To love oneself is the beginning of a life-long romance."
-Oscar Wilde

Friday, September 17, 2010

Mail Time

I just finished reading the first four books in Ally Carter's Gallagher Girls series. They are books written for tweens about girls who go to a special school where they learn to be spies. There is a part in them where one of their teachers tells them that you can learn a lot about a person by going through their trash. This is true...see my old post about my garbage spilling in the road and my neighbor coming to the rescue. But, I also think you can tell a lot about a person from their mail. To illustrate, here are two examples from my life:

1) Yesterday, my roommate came walking inside with the mail. She looked at me and said, "Let's look at this...you got an issue of English Journal and some other thing called Voices from the Middle (a magazine for middle school language arts teachers). My mail...Victoria's Secret catalog, Alloy catalog."
2) We usually get two types of packages at our house. Sometimes, they will arrive on the same day. On those days, there will be two boxes on our porch. One for me from Amazon.com and one for my roommate from Victoria's Secret (she get actual clothes from there--like shirts, shoes, and stuff). To further illustrate this, today I got not one but two packages from Amazon--one was a biography on Pablo Neruda (a poet) written for kids; the other was a book called, I kid you not, The Glamour of Grammar.

Guess which one of us has a boyfriend?

1 comment: