"And he who was seated on the throne said, "Behold, I am making all things new...."
-Revelation 21:5

"An unmarried woman is concerned about the Lord's affairs: Her aim is to be devoted to the Lord...."
-1 Corinthians 7: 34

"To love oneself is the beginning of a life-long romance."
-Oscar Wilde

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Turn My Swag On

I was informed today by an 8th grade student that I have "swagger." I told him that since I'm a 26-year-old white woman, I didn't really think that I could ever truly have any kind of swagger. He then went on to tell me that I do--it's apparently all about my attitude. I had no idea I was this awesome. Kind of impressed with myself right now....except for the fact that I just finished the end of a fabulous British chick lit series (Hester Browne's Little Lady Agency) in the bathtub while drinking a glass of red wine (because they are the kind of books that put their foot down, put their hands on their hips, and loudly demand to be read in a bubble bath) and am currently watching an episode of The Rachel Zoe Project. All of which I deem to be rather unswagworthy.
But apparently it doesn't matter what I'm doing because I do it with the right attitude.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you finished and liked them!! When I re-read them recently, I ended up consuming inordinate amounts of hot tea. (There's just something incredibly romantic-sounding about "putting the kettle on"...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I reread the end twice last night and once this morning. I think it is possibly the cutest ending to a book/series ever.
    I quite agree with you about the tea thing. That's one of my favorite things about reading British books or watching British movies--guys who drink hot tea. No American boy would drink hot tea, but I happen to think it's cute.

    ReplyDelete