"And he who was seated on the throne said, "Behold, I am making all things new...."
-Revelation 21:5

"An unmarried woman is concerned about the Lord's affairs: Her aim is to be devoted to the Lord...."
-1 Corinthians 7: 34

"To love oneself is the beginning of a life-long romance."
-Oscar Wilde

Friday, May 13, 2011

Psalm 7:17 Friday XVII

"I will give to the Lord the thanks due to his righteousness, and I will sing praise to the name of the Lord, the Most High."
-Psalm 7:17

Things I am Thankful for This Week

-A small group where I can be honest without fear of being judged
-Friends who encourage me and pray for me
-PASS testing--which I mostly hate, but which does mean that I had my last block class for only 45 minutes a day this week instead of 90
-Reading The Giver, one of my all-time favorite books, with my students
-My Honors ELA class this year because they make me laugh and show me everyday that all the things I dreamed of when I decided to become a teacher are actually possible
-pintrest.com, which is great for the 5 minutes between classes because I know that when I pull it up there will be something that makes me smile (but every once in a while there is something kind of inappropriate....)
-looking at recipes and knowing I have a friend to cook with this summer
-two-and-a-half weeks until Summer
-Having friendships that are comfortable and broken in, ones where you can hang out by sitting on the couch, drinking wine, and watching tv without really talking all that much
-The sequel to The Red Pyramid, which came out a few weeks ago but I'm just getting around to reading
-Going to my first NASCAR race with on of my best friends (and the fact that we've been best friends since we were in 5th grade)
-Both my sisters being in town last weekend
-My mom!!

1 comment: