"And he who was seated on the throne said, "Behold, I am making all things new...."
-Revelation 21:5

"An unmarried woman is concerned about the Lord's affairs: Her aim is to be devoted to the Lord...."
-1 Corinthians 7: 34

"To love oneself is the beginning of a life-long romance."
-Oscar Wilde

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Hot for Substitute Teacher

The Social Studies teacher on my team today was absent, so he had a substitute teacher. By lunch, every 7th grade girl I teach was calling him "the hot sub." When we got back to my room after lunch, three of my girl students and I had this conversation:

Students: "How was your lunch today?"
Me: "It was fine. Why?"
Students: "You got to sit at the teacher table with the hot sub." Swoon. Swoon.

I think he's going to be back tomorrow. I'm contemplating getting drool rags for every girl I teach. Or maybe going in to observe them bat their eyelashes right off their faces.

I then proceeded to have this conversation with some boy students:

Students: "Did you see the sub? You should date him."
Me: "Thanks. But he's younger than me."
Students: "Are you ever going to get married?"
Me: "I guess if I met a guy I liked and he asked me, I would say yes."
Students: "You need to get married."
Me: "Really? Why?"
Students: "You deserve a husband."

The student who told me I deserve a husband is the same one who on my birthday told me that if I got married, I would be happy.

When my last class came in, no less than four of them told me that they had informed "the hot sub" that he should ask me out. Seriously. If it weren't so ridiculous, I would have been embarrassed. I guess maybe I should be flattered since apparently my 7th graders think that I am cool enough to date.

But really, it ended up being one of those days when all I could do was sit back in my desk and think to myself, "This is middle school. And this is my life."

No comments:

Post a Comment