"And he who was seated on the throne said, "Behold, I am making all things new...."
-Revelation 21:5

"An unmarried woman is concerned about the Lord's affairs: Her aim is to be devoted to the Lord...."
-1 Corinthians 7: 34

"To love oneself is the beginning of a life-long romance."
-Oscar Wilde

Monday, April 12, 2010

Where Have I Been??

Nothing super eventful has been happening in my life, so instead of posting a bunch of mundane things, I haven't posted anything at all. A short recap of the past two weeks would be this:

-Wine tasting in Charleston and an Ingrid Michelson/Mat Kearney concert in Greenville (otherwise know as two of the greatest birthday presents of all time from two of the greatest sisters of all time). It was kind of fantastic for me to realize that I'm at a place in my life where I can get myself the things I need and pretty much the things I want (I might have to save up for them--but I can eventually get them), so for my birthday I got fun experiences.
-Spring Break, which this year for me meant a lot of sleeping, reading, drinking things that weren't water, and catching up on everything I've been DVRing lately. I also cooked a lot. I even tried my hand at making cinnamon rolls using a recipe from Food Network that was supposed to be like Cinnabon. My friend's young son pronounced them "yummy," so I think that means they turned out pretty good! The second half of the week I did a lot of sitting on my couch reading a Pat Conroy novel while watching the Masters. This means I felt extraordinarily Southern. I had originally thought about going somewhere for Spring Break, and I even tossed around the idea of going on a solo minivacation (I figured it was the next step up from going to the movies alone) as a way to celebrate being single. But, in the end, I decided that staying home and not seeing another person for two whole days was the way to go (my roommate was visiting her family). For a boring introvert like me, it was amazing! I am now feeling fabulously refreshed, so I should start getting into some interesting things again that will be blogworthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment