"And he who was seated on the throne said, "Behold, I am making all things new...."
-Revelation 21:5

"An unmarried woman is concerned about the Lord's affairs: Her aim is to be devoted to the Lord...."
-1 Corinthians 7: 34

"To love oneself is the beginning of a life-long romance."
-Oscar Wilde

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Surprise! It's My Birthday!

I was slightly tempted to take today off school because it's my birthday, but I'm glad I didn't. I totally racked up. And by that I mean I got one birthday rap and two surprise birthday parties! Thanks students!! Perhaps the cutest thing was the massive party that my last class planned for me. And by massive, I mean they all brought food--there were cupcakes, brownies, cookies, doughnuts, Star Crunches, cookie cake, chips, cheese doodles, and drinks. They even remembered to bring plates and cups! They were so pleased with themselves--and I acted completely surprised--just like I didn't notice them being sneaky and passing each other a sign-up sheet yesterday. It was adorable! They may not do schoolwork, but they can party plan!

2 comments:

  1. YAY!!! Happy Birthday - I guess you ARE the cool teacher since they gave you a BIG PARTY!! Thay are learning something! And they CARE!!
    love & bd wishes! nelson

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! I hope you've enjoyed it while sporting your new necklace. Please wear it to Bible study on Monday so we can all see it. :) -Stephanie

    ReplyDelete