"And he who was seated on the throne said, "Behold, I am making all things new...."
-Revelation 21:5

"An unmarried woman is concerned about the Lord's affairs: Her aim is to be devoted to the Lord...."
-1 Corinthians 7: 34

"To love oneself is the beginning of a life-long romance."
-Oscar Wilde

Monday, March 8, 2010

Computers...UGH!

It's Monday. Computer day. And there was no shortage of technology today. One of the IT people from my district came today to work on the computers in my room because they hadn't installed the new antivirus software that they were supposed to install at the end of January. So the tech guy is sitting at my desk working on my computer when my last block students came in. One of my girls looked at him and said, "Are you her husband?" I immediately told her no and reminded her that she knows I'm not married. It wouldn't have been an issue except for the fact that the IT guy looked oddly offended. Seriously. I mean, you don't even know me buddy. How do you know that being married to me wouldn't be the best thing ever? You don't need to look at my student like she just told you she thinks you're fat and ugly. So then I was oddly offended. But he did fix my computer, so I guess it's ok. Needless to say, I came to computer class today with a bit of a bitter taste in my mouth in regards to technology.

We're working on Excel today. Right now, we're doing a fake gradebook. I put in the names of actually students, and I'm giving the ones who bother me really bad grades. It is strangely satisfying. My friend didn't want to use real students, so she is using names of friends and family. I made sure to instruct her that she has to give me better grades than her boyfriend. Up to this point, she is obliging. I'm rocking a 97. Boyfriend has a 91.

I made a pie chart!

The person who brought snacks today brought Pringles. I've eaten two packs. They're Sour Cream and Onion, so I guess I should only need half a can. (That's a Win a Date With Tad Hamilton reference in case you missed it).

I have now made three pie charts. It is no longer cool, but I do know that I have 23% of the fake boys and 26% of the fake girls in fake 7th grade.

My Netflix queue is sufficiently managed. The final disc of The Tudors: Season 3 is on the way to me. As soon as the second disc, which I mailed today, gets back, I will be getting The Hurt Locker.

I think I'm getting out at 6:30 tonight!

New fact: wearing shorts in Haiti means you are homosexual. Thanks to my friend--who is in Haiti right now with all his shorts since no one bothered to tell him this fact until he was getting on a plane--for this interesting piece of news.

On that note, I'm going to sign off for today. With this note--I never wear shorts. Some people think this is weird. Perhaps, buried somewhere deep, there is part of my subconscious that is Haitian.

No comments:

Post a Comment