"And he who was seated on the throne said, "Behold, I am making all things new...."
-Revelation 21:5

"An unmarried woman is concerned about the Lord's affairs: Her aim is to be devoted to the Lord...."
-1 Corinthians 7: 34

"To love oneself is the beginning of a life-long romance."
-Oscar Wilde

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

The Grace Experiment: Part 2

I entered 6th block today hopeful that yesterday's grace-giving would prompt better behavior. I'm not sure if it was getting to go outside yesterday or the fact that our assistant principal observed class today, but my students were slightly better behaved than usual. They got to do an activity on the Smartboard reviewing homophones, and I typically don't let them change the size and position of the words (things like making the "their," "there," or "thery're" really big before they drag the correct one to the sentence), but today I did. So instead of punishing them for playing around, I let them play--because it doesn't really matter if the "they're" is gigantic as long as that's the correct word. Hopefully tomorrow will bring more improvment in their behavior!

I realize I've gotten pretty far off my original blog topic, and since I'm reviewing with my students the difference between relevant and irrlevant details right now, I thought I would explain how all my school stuff is relevant to my single year. I'm learning a lot. A lot about my students. Even more about God. And even more about myself. All this learning has meant I've needed a lot of time to process and think. And that means I've needed a lot of time alone. I've also been learning a lot about relationships and what it means to love--other people and God. With everything I'm learning, I can honestly say that I would not have been the best person to be in a relationship with at the beginning of the year, so I'm really glad I'm not! I've need my space to grow.

No comments:

Post a Comment