"And he who was seated on the throne said, "Behold, I am making all things new...."
-Revelation 21:5

"An unmarried woman is concerned about the Lord's affairs: Her aim is to be devoted to the Lord...."
-1 Corinthians 7: 34

"To love oneself is the beginning of a life-long romance."
-Oscar Wilde

Monday, March 29, 2010

Happy Birthday!

To me! One reason I'm glad to be single is that it gives me an excuse to buy myself great presents on holidays (Christmas, Valentine's Day, my Birthday, I'm thinking about an Easter gift this year).

Tomorrow I'm turning 26. Or as someone pointed out to me at school today, I'm on the "thirty side of the twenties." She said it like it was some great thing. All it did was make me want to wear head-to-toe black tomorrow.

I probably won't (mainly because I bought myself a fab new birthday dress), but if I did, it would highlight my Birthday gift to myself, which arrived today.

I think that women in general have started to think that nice jewelry should only come their way in the form of a gift from a boy. Well, I decided that was wrong. Why should I sit around and wait for some guy to come along and buy me jewelry when he probably wouldn't pick out something I liked anyway? (After all, not all men have Richard Gilmore's perfect taste in jewelry.) I decided to buy myself jewelry for my birthday. I'm going to be 26, so it's time I stopped waiting for a guy to buy it anyway. And I decided that any jewelry wasn't good enough-I needed something from Tiffany's.

Let me just start by saying that the entire online shopping experience at Tiffany's is unlike any other. The customer service e-mail confirming my order was maybe the most courteous e-mail I've ever received. My package arrived today, so I ran by my house on the way to computer class to pick it up. I had a quick moment in my car during which I tore open the box and unfolded the tissue paper to reveal my lovely blue box. With its lovely white bow. Inside was a lovely blue pouch that contained my lovely new necklace, which I promptly put on and wore to computer class. I must say, it made me feel rather fabulous.

Call me materialistic or a label snob, I really don't care right now--my necklace and I are very happy together.

4 comments:

  1. HAPPY BIRTHDAY! You should post a picture of your necklace - I'd love to see what it looks like. And have so much fun at the concert! I wish I was going to be in Greenville too. Have a great, great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
    How much do I love you?
    You will never know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahhh! I am late but....HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

    ReplyDelete