"And he who was seated on the throne said, "Behold, I am making all things new...."
-Revelation 21:5

"An unmarried woman is concerned about the Lord's affairs: Her aim is to be devoted to the Lord...."
-1 Corinthians 7: 34

"To love oneself is the beginning of a life-long romance."
-Oscar Wilde

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

The Grace Experiment: Part 1

Where does grace fit in a public school classroom? The relationship between the teacher and her students for one. In light of all I've been learning about grace since Sunday, I've decided to extend a little to my crazy class. It is a beautiful day outside, so we are going to go outside for independent reading. Usually, I reserve going outside as a reward or privilage, so by old standards, this class would not even be allowed near a window. But today, I'm going to give them some grace, give them something they don't deserve. And I'm fully prepared to keep extending grace when we get outside and they don't behave. We'll see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment