"And he who was seated on the throne said, "Behold, I am making all things new...."
-Revelation 21:5

"An unmarried woman is concerned about the Lord's affairs: Her aim is to be devoted to the Lord...."
-1 Corinthians 7: 34

"To love oneself is the beginning of a life-long romance."
-Oscar Wilde

Monday, March 15, 2010

Kindle and More

Monday! We are learning how to make PowerPoints. I made one last night, so....

My friend tried on a wedding dress this weekend. Yeah, she's single. She showed me a picture of her in the dress; she looked quite nice.

One thing I like about being single is the fact that I have total control over my finances, so when I decided that I needed to get an Amazon Kindle, I could get an Amazon Kindle (I had to start doing homebound for a student to earn the money, but I get to spend my homebound money however I want). My Kindle came on Saturday. I don't know how I lived without it. It is like a small piece of my heart has found its way home. There is just something about knowing that I could have a book in a minute. Like if I was at the store and I really wanted to read something in a book, I could get it. I mean, I would have to pay for it, but it's there. Just the thought is pretty intoxicating to a book nerd like me. (And yes, little sister, I know that I have to go back and put Kindle books in my budget.) What's even better is that you can get a lot of books for free. Pride and Prejudice, totally free. The Count of Monte Cristo, totally free too. It's amazing. Plus, I can read my blog on it. If I ever felt like reading myself. Which I never do because that would be a tad concieded. It's not like I sometimes go back and reread the paper I wrote in college on The Sun Also Rises that got an A. I never do that. Ever.

If you're ever bored and you have a computer handy, clip art can be pretty entertaining.

It's a non-Bible Study week, so that means I get tater tots after class today!! In a few weeks I can get a Lemon Berry Slush too! Or I can at least start ordering combos again. Now I'm that weird girl who orders a cheeseburger, tater tots, and no drink. I don't like being the weird girl (I mean, I don't mind being weird, but I don't want to be weird for that reason.)

In 15 days I will be 26. I'm not really sure how I feel about this.

I think I am going to start having quotes of the day in my class. It would help my students work on paraphrasing, but really I just think it would be fun. I'm going to spend the rest of computer class researching quotes that I want my students to talk about. (If there's a quote you like, post it in the comments, so I can use it with my class.)

Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment