"And he who was seated on the throne said, "Behold, I am making all things new...."
-Revelation 21:5

"An unmarried woman is concerned about the Lord's affairs: Her aim is to be devoted to the Lord...."
-1 Corinthians 7: 34

"To love oneself is the beginning of a life-long romance."
-Oscar Wilde

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

The Best Way to Get Untired...

is not by staying up late watching the NBA playoffs.

I inherited a lot of things from my dad, like my height. I missed out on some stuff too, like being logical and good at doing complicated math problems in my head. But, one important thing I did get was a deep love for sports, at this time of year specifically a love of the Red Sox and the Celtics.

As I type, the Celtics are battling it out with the Magic in game 2 of the Eastern Conference Finals (they actually just gave up the lead...if you could see me, you would see my frown). And I'm battling it out with myself. I should have gone to bed at half time, but I didn't. Now there's just over three minutes left, the game is super close, and there's no way I'm going to bed until it's over.

So, tomorrow I'm going to be really tired and happy or really tired and sad. Either way, by about 1:00 tomorrow afternoon the reasonable part of me will be very angry with the nonreasonable part of me that made the decision to stay up late. Thankfully game 3 is on Saturday night, so there's no school the next day.

I know, some people might be thinking, "Why don't you just learn your lesson and go to bed? Check the score in the morning." But I'm the girl who epically failed a Calculus test her senior year of high school because she stayed up until 1:30 in the morning watching Andy Roddick's five-set quarterfinal match against Layton Hewitt in the US Open. The girl who woke up in the middle of the night to listen to the BCS National Championship game on her computer when she lived in Moscow even though she had work the next day. The girl who woke up to watch Red Sox games at 3:00 in the morning when she lived in Moscow no matter what she had to do the next day. If I was going to learn my lesson, I would have learned it by now.

(One last aside--yes, I just posted about how I sacrifice sleep to watch sports if it's necessary. And I'm single?? I find that ironic/strange/funny/entertaining/something.)

No comments:

Post a Comment