"And he who was seated on the throne said, "Behold, I am making all things new...."
-Revelation 21:5

"An unmarried woman is concerned about the Lord's affairs: Her aim is to be devoted to the Lord...."
-1 Corinthians 7: 34

"To love oneself is the beginning of a life-long romance."
-Oscar Wilde

Friday, May 21, 2010

Happy Thoughts!

Thanks to some help from a very patient friend, I have somewhat sorted through my feelings and climbed out from the mountain of self pity otherwise known as this week.

Taking her advice, I let myself feel sad and quit beating myself up over the fact that being a 26-year-old who is sad about not having a boyfriend makes me a cliche (one of the dirtiest words in the English language to English majors) and my inability to perfectly control my feelings and make myself feel good emotions on cue. (Seriously we had a conversation where I complained about the fact that I can't make myself feel happy whenever I want to, which led to the conversation about how I don't like to not be good at something--I either work to get good at it our just quit--but unfortunately for me, I can't practice and get total control of my emotions because I'm a girl, and I can't quit having feelings.)

Then, I felt bad for posting a bunch of stuff on my blog that made me sound depressed. I do it because writing makes me feel better, but maybe I should keep the sad, Debbie-downer stuff in a journal....

Anyway, rest assured that I'm now feeling much better and plan to focus on happier blog posts from now on (If I can't control my own feelings, I can at least control my blog's feelings!).

No comments:

Post a Comment