"And he who was seated on the throne said, "Behold, I am making all things new...."
-Revelation 21:5

"An unmarried woman is concerned about the Lord's affairs: Her aim is to be devoted to the Lord...."
-1 Corinthians 7: 34

"To love oneself is the beginning of a life-long romance."
-Oscar Wilde

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Yay!

The Celtics won and are now up 2-0 in the series! (Two wins in Orlando no less! Orlando's first two losses of the playoffs no less!) Now, I'm going to think that I have to stay up and watch the end of all the games or it will be bad luck.

And before you think that I'm being too superstitious or something, I'm the girl who wore her Red Sox hat for the ENTIRE duration of the 2004 playoffs. Even on days when there wasn't a game. It only came off for showers and sleeping at night (but I did sleep with it in my bed). Naps? Oh yes, I wore it. Work? Totally wore it. Class? Yes.

The Red Sox won the World Series that year, and even though it makes no sense at all, I like to think my hat-wearing was somehow important in that. So, if losing sleep is what it takes, then losing sleep is what I'll do.

Dear Sleep,
I will miss you.

Dear Celtics,
If you could sweep the Magic, I would appreciate it.
I need my sleep.
P.S. Paul Pierce, you just said you're going to close out the series at home.
Do that. Please.

No comments:

Post a Comment