"And he who was seated on the throne said, "Behold, I am making all things new...."
-Revelation 21:5

"An unmarried woman is concerned about the Lord's affairs: Her aim is to be devoted to the Lord...."
-1 Corinthians 7: 34

"To love oneself is the beginning of a life-long romance."
-Oscar Wilde

Saturday, August 21, 2010

Back to School

I went back to school last week, but my new kids came on Thursday! For those of you who aren't teachers, the week before students come is spent in a lot of meetings, which for me means being around adults all day long....even though I love the people I work with, I kind of like being with students more than I like being with adults. I know it sounds super weird, but I think it's because God made me to be a teacher so when I'm not with students there is some part of me that feels like I'm not doing what I was made to do.

I didn't really feel like a purposeless wanderer for the first half of the summer--probably because I was so exhausted from last year--but by mid-July I couldn't wait to go back to school. Thursday as I was driving home from my first day with students, I couldn't help but notice that I felt like myself for the first time in a while. It was like I had been wearing a pair of shoes that was just a little too small and had just taken them off and put on a really comfortable pair instead. Or like I had been holding my breath for a little too long and had finally let it out and taken in a big gulp of fresh air. It was a great feeling. I'm glad to be back to my 12-year-old-filled days.

1 comment: