"And he who was seated on the throne said, "Behold, I am making all things new...."
-Revelation 21:5

"An unmarried woman is concerned about the Lord's affairs: Her aim is to be devoted to the Lord...."
-1 Corinthians 7: 34

"To love oneself is the beginning of a life-long romance."
-Oscar Wilde

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Crying St. Crier

So I vowed not to go see the movie Charlie St. Cloud because the preview alone makes me really upset. Probably because I am obsessed with my younger siblings, and I can't even imagine how I would feel if something bad happened to them (note, I would be upset if something happened to my big sister too, but in the movie it's his little brother so I felt like that was a more appropriate comparison). Even though I think Zac Efron is just adorable, it's still not enough to make me think I could ever make it through the movie without turning into a puddle.
Anyway, a friend of mine told me today that it's a book, which I didn't know. (Perhaps somewhere deep in my soul I did, and this is why I knew I couldn't see the movie due to my rule about not seeing movies whose books I haven't read.) She told me it was good. I told her there was no way I could read it because the preview for the movie makes me really upset. She told me that once I started reading the book and figured out what was going on, she didn't think it would really upset me that much.
Well, according to my Kindle, I'm 10% done. I've cried twice. Twice. Two times.
Other than the crying, I am rather enjoying it though.

No comments:

Post a Comment