"And he who was seated on the throne said, "Behold, I am making all things new...."
-Revelation 21:5

"An unmarried woman is concerned about the Lord's affairs: Her aim is to be devoted to the Lord...."
-1 Corinthians 7: 34

"To love oneself is the beginning of a life-long romance."
-Oscar Wilde

Sunday, August 8, 2010

Thanks in Japanese

My step-sister's boyfriend pretty convincingly falls into the category of great guy. They came over to my mom's house tonight, and the poor guy was immediately drafted to play my little brother's odd version of indoor hockey using golf clubs and then skateboard. So, I'm sure he was feeling a little relieved when my brother's bedtime arrived. He really shouldn't have.
He's Japanese, so whenever we hang out I ask him all sorts of Japanese questions. Basically, I quiz him on all kinds of Japanese stereotypes and get him to teach me Japanese words. I turn into this crazy person who just wants to learn all about Japan but who asks only the most obvious and ridiculous questions. Tonight, after making him tell me some Japanese kids' stories, I made him teach me how to make a paper crane. Seriously. He taught me how to make a paper crane. Because I apparently live in some stereotypical universe. His was awesome....mine has a slightly deformed body. And apparently, there is a real version and an "Americanized" version. Don't worry, ours were the legitimate Japanese ones.
Anyway, I feel like since he graciously puts up with my "How do you say _______ in Japanese" inquiries and taught me the ancient art of paper folding, he deserved a public thank you. So thanks.
How do you say that in Japanese?

1 comment:

  1. arigato = thank you in japanese
    saki loved the post.. he was laughing!

    ReplyDelete