"And he who was seated on the throne said, "Behold, I am making all things new...."
-Revelation 21:5

"An unmarried woman is concerned about the Lord's affairs: Her aim is to be devoted to the Lord...."
-1 Corinthians 7: 34

"To love oneself is the beginning of a life-long romance."
-Oscar Wilde

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

A Post About Not Posting

It has been brought to my attention that a few people are very sad because I have not posted anything on my blog lately. I'm sorry to have caused you distress. Now I feel the need to explain. All I've done this summer is take online classes to finish getting my teacher certification. Basically all I do is wake up, read materials for my classes, and do work for my classes. And I didn't think anyone would care to read about content methods, reading strategies, and classroom management theories. It's really not that interesting.
The only other thing I've really done is binge on Netflix because when I finish my schoolwork, I'm too tired to really do anything that requires actual work and watching tv shows online falls into the category of things that do not require actual work. This is not that interesting either, but to satisfy a certain someone who misses my blogs, here are some random observations from my summer...including another embarrassing Prison Break confession. (And by "random observations" I mean stupid things I have done and should be so embarrassed about that I never tell anyone...but a few years ago I went to counseling and now have no problem admitting embarrassing things about myself. Probably bad for me. But fun for you dear readers.)

1) I watched all four seasons of Prison Break, and I cried at the end. And not I cried like I shed a few tears. I was sobbing on my couch for probably 15 to 20 minutes. The loud kind of sobs that make your body shake and are kind of annoying. Thankfully my roommate wasn't home. (She has an uncanny ability to be out of the house whenever I have pop culture related breakdowns--like when I read The Time Traveler's Wife and cried for about two hours or when I cried this season during The Bachelorette when Chris L. talked about his mom's funeral.) I also diagnosed my little sister with the same psychological condition as the show's main character, but don't you worry, I looked it up on Wikipedia to make sure it was real before I told her I think she has it.

2) I also watched Weeds. This show falls into the category with Dexter--the one where someone is doing something bad (in this case dealing drugs and being a really bad mom, not killing people) but as a viewer you like them anyway. It must be a Showtime thing because I feel like the same principle applied to certain characters on The Tudors, which is the only other Showtime show I've watched.

3) I, like many other American ladies, always swear I'm not watching The Bachelor/Bachelorette but end up watching it anyway, so I've seen pretty much every season (except for the one on when I lived in Russia). I have to say that Ali is my favorite Bachelorette of all time, and I think that she and Roberto are quite cute. Also, I think they would have pretty babies, so I hope they get married.

4) I saw Eclipse four times. There was one time when I saw it twice in one day (there is a justification for this, but it's too long to post right now). So next time you hear me saying, "Why am I still single?" you are free to reply with "You saw the third Twilight movie four times--twice in one day." I will not fight with you. I will take this as a perfectly acceptable answer.

5) Kids change the entire dynamic of family vacation. I have a little brother who is six-and-a-half. My family went to the beach for a week. We played putt-putt three times. My mom and older sister actually went four times. It was like this--go to dinner and my brother naturally assumed putt-putt came after. My family was like two high schoolers on a date. Also, I'm not very good at putt-putt. My mom on the other hand came out of nowhere and wowed my sisters and me with her mad putt-putt skills.

6) While I was at the beach, I went to an antique store where I bought a bracelet made out of a fork. I know it sounds like the weirdest thing ever, but I saw it and just had to have it. I mean, how many people do you know who have a bracelet made out of a fork? Now you know one. You're welcome for that.
I hope that's enough to satisfy anyone's cravings for insight into my mundane life. Take heart, school is about to start, so my life is about to get crazy again! Enjoy the last few days of summer.

1 comment:

  1. So I didn't comment on this before, because I didn't know how. (Yes, I am the daughter of two computer engineers. This means I know absolutely nothing about computers.) (Ok I know a little bit, but not much.) (Also, I am incredibly self-conscious about my comment, because you are an English teacher. My grammar isn't always perfect. This makes me nervous.) (...Let's not read into what all of these addendum say about my need to be understood.)
    ...
    I'm so glad you're back, electronically speaking! I feel very honored to have been (at least part of) the catalyst of your return. I got caught up on your blog this summer, so I was reading in large quantities. Naturally when my supply ran out, I was devastated. I will learn to just stay caught up, so your absences won't be quite a shock. =)

    ReplyDelete