"And he who was seated on the throne said, "Behold, I am making all things new...."
-Revelation 21:5

"An unmarried woman is concerned about the Lord's affairs: Her aim is to be devoted to the Lord...."
-1 Corinthians 7: 34

"To love oneself is the beginning of a life-long romance."
-Oscar Wilde

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Psalm 7:17 Friday VI

I will give to the Lord the thanks due to his righteousness, and I will sing praise to the name of the Lord, the Most High.
-Psalm 7:17

Things I am Thankful for This Week

-Joshua Radin concerts with two of my favorite people ever
-Finding new records
-Seeing old friends in random places
-Friends who I can share life with
-Going to the movies on a weeknight
-New episodes of Glee
-Lazy afternoons at Barnes and Noble with a friend
-My new book, Reading the OED, and all the new words I'm learning
-Students who like learning my new words and go home, use them, and can't wait to tell me about it the next day
-Laughing in the middle of class
-Watching students work really hard on projects, finally get it, and produce something amazing
-8th grade students who get really excited to see me if I'm down the 8th grade hall in the mornings.
-Chaperoning dances and channeling my inner middle schooler (it helps that the dances are in the very same cafeteria I went to middle school dances in).
-I'm still friends with my best friend from middle school, so I can text her from the middle school dances when they start playing a song that we used to dance to (like "Barbie Girl" or "Macarena").
-Hanging out with the student council kids at their lock-in until 1:30 in the morning on a Friday night
-Working with people who have become some of my dearest friends
-Working for a principal who dresses up like Cupid and dances at school dances
-All the things I can honestly say I love about my job--after a really hard year last year
-How teaching shows me so much of my sin AND how it helps me see how great God is and how much He cares for me
-Jesus and how He loved me when I was totally unlovable--how I can love because He first loved me

No comments:

Post a Comment