"And he who was seated on the throne said, "Behold, I am making all things new...."
-Revelation 21:5

"An unmarried woman is concerned about the Lord's affairs: Her aim is to be devoted to the Lord...."
-1 Corinthians 7: 34

"To love oneself is the beginning of a life-long romance."
-Oscar Wilde

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Sick

I, like most people I assume, enjoy missing the occasional day of work. But I usually miss for a really fun reason--like I'm going to see Sufjan Stevens or Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part One, which are both reasons I took days off earlier this year. But today, for the first time since I started teaching, I had to take off work because I'm sick. I usually love being alone, so one would think that staying home for any reason would be fun for me. Not true. Being at home and having to watch tv all day because you don't feel well enough to do anything else is not fun. It is boring. Really boring. Today, I caught up on Chuck, How I Met Your Mother, Desperate Housewives, White Collar, Perfect Couples, and Sonny With a Chance. Before 3:00. Seriously. It is no fun at all.
While I'm feeling slightly better, I still don't feel that great, so I'm going to have to stay home tomorrow too. I'm not looking forward to it at all...mainly because I really miss my students and because I'm out of things to watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment