"And he who was seated on the throne said, "Behold, I am making all things new...."
-Revelation 21:5

"An unmarried woman is concerned about the Lord's affairs: Her aim is to be devoted to the Lord...."
-1 Corinthians 7: 34

"To love oneself is the beginning of a life-long romance."
-Oscar Wilde

Friday, February 18, 2011

Psalm 7:17 Friday VII

I will give to the Lord the thanks due to his righteousness, and I will sing praise to the name of the Lord, the Most High.
-Psalm 7:17

Things I am Thankful for This Week
-Jesus--ultimately for my forgiveness, but this week I started reading Leviticus, so I'm feeling particularly thankful to Jesus for the fact that His sacrifice means I don't have to sacrifice animals. (I was going to put in some quotes, but I think it's nicer for me to say that the early chapters of Leviticus really aren't great for people who don't like icky stuff--seriously, I was kind of grimacing and saying yuck a lot as I read about some of the sacrifices.)
-Friends and family who are willing to help me move (who offer to help before I even ask)
-My mom who brought me groceries when I was sick
-Netfilx and Time Warner Cable's Primetime OnDemand channel, which got me through my sick days
-Working with people who are willing to cover my class or help with sub plans
-Going inside to pick people up at the airport
-Watching the last two movies nominated for the Best Picture Oscar
-Mumford and Avett performing at the Grammys
-Finishing two more books of the Bible (Exodus and Matthew), bringing my total so far this year up to 3!

No comments:

Post a Comment