"And he who was seated on the throne said, "Behold, I am making all things new...."
-Revelation 21:5

"An unmarried woman is concerned about the Lord's affairs: Her aim is to be devoted to the Lord...."
-1 Corinthians 7: 34

"To love oneself is the beginning of a life-long romance."
-Oscar Wilde

Friday, April 15, 2011

Psalm 7:17 Friday XV

I will give to the Lord the thanks due to his righteousness, and I will sing praise to the name of the Lord, the Most High.
-Psalm 7:17

Obviously I was upset this morning, and I was getting even more upset because I was upset. I know that doesn't make much sense, but whenever I start to feel upset or sad or jealous or anything really (except for happy), I start to beat myself up for not having some sort of super emotion control. It's like I have this idea of how I should feel, and if it doesn't match with how I really feel, I start to feel like a failure. This morning, as I was going on an on about being mad at myself for having stupid feelings, one of my friends told me I can't make myself stop feeling and I can't make myself feel guilty for having feelings. She told me to just let myself feel it for a while and move on. So that's what I did...hence my post from earlier today...that was me letting myself feel. And, just like my wise friend said, it made me feel much better, and it helped me move on. So, on to a much happier post!

Things I am Thankful for This Week

-getting to go to my brother's baseball game
-my mom (it's her birthday!)
-friends at work who bring me Starbucks and who will pick me up from the car place in the mornings so I can get my oil changed
-SPRING BREAK IS NEXT WEEK!! I plan to do a lot of reading, writing, cooking, and napping.
-Honesty and encouragement from my Bible study girls
-All my friends who put up with me--because I'm kind of a total roller coaster
-Seeing my grandparents on Wednesday
-Fried squash made by my Nana
-My cool Tervis Tumbler that I got at the Masters last week, which has made me drink more water than Diet Coke at school this week
-8th graders
-Tim Keller's new book about Jesus, King's Cross, and the Amazon gift card my friend gave me for my birthday that let me buy it
-Working at a school that had a teacher flash mob in the gym this morning...yes, we danced to the song "Friday."

No comments:

Post a Comment