"And he who was seated on the throne said, "Behold, I am making all things new...."
-Revelation 21:5

"An unmarried woman is concerned about the Lord's affairs: Her aim is to be devoted to the Lord...."
-1 Corinthians 7: 34

"To love oneself is the beginning of a life-long romance."
-Oscar Wilde

Friday, April 1, 2011

Psalm 7:17 Friday XIII

I will give to the Lord the thanks due to his righteousness, and I will sing praise to the name of the Lord, the Most High.
-Psalm 7:17

Things I am Thankful for This Week

Before I start my list, let me just start by saying that this week was a pretty difficult week. One of my close friends lost her older brother in a car accident, and Wednesday marked 15 years since I lost my dad. Needless to say, I'm feeling a little emotionally exhausted today, so it's really good for me to think of things I'm thankful for. But perhaps what I am most thankful for this week is the reminder that God is with us in everything and that His grace is sufficient for us.

-turning 27
-tons of fantastic presents from my friends who obviously know me quite well....they managed to cover the three great loves of my life: reading, cooking, and music
-rereading one of my favorite books (and reading the notes I've left in the margins)
-my job because I work with people who genuinely care about each other
-my little brother who told me this week he doesn't want me to buy a house because he wants me to live with him forever
-seeing my students grow as writers
-Ramona and Beezus, which was a totally adorable movie
-friends who are willing to reschedule things to go with me to funerals that are out of town so that I don't have to drive myself while crying
-Getting to see 2 Corinthians 1:3-7 be true in my life:
3 Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, 4 who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves receive from God. 5 For just as we share abundantly in the sufferings of Christ, so also our comfort abounds through Christ. 6 If we are distressed, it is for your comfort and salvation; if we are comforted, it is for your comfort, which produces in you patient endurance of the same sufferings we suffer. 7 And our hope for you is firm, because we know that just as you share in our sufferings, so also you share in our comfort.

No comments:

Post a Comment