"And he who was seated on the throne said, "Behold, I am making all things new...."
-Revelation 21:5

"An unmarried woman is concerned about the Lord's affairs: Her aim is to be devoted to the Lord...."
-1 Corinthians 7: 34

"To love oneself is the beginning of a life-long romance."
-Oscar Wilde

Monday, February 8, 2010

It's Computer Time!

It's Monday! That means computer class again--get excited, I know I am. To start, here's a list of random things rattling around in my brain:

1) How excited am I that the Saints won the Super Bowl?? I have loved Drew Brees since I was in high school, so it was a pretty big night for me. It would have been bigger if I actually knew him, but whatever.

2) A student came into my first block class this morning and announced that he was going for the Colts last night because they have horseshoes on their helmets. This made me feel better about going for the Saints because I have a total crush on their quarterback.

3) How much did I love the Google commercial during the Super Bowl?? The one with Paris?? It was amazing. Sadly, most people probably didn't notice it because you had to read a lot.

4) I can spend 3 class periods going over rubrics, make a step-by-step instruction guide, give out an example (that I spend time making), and have in-class activities to practice every part of a project, but half my class will still ask what to do when we get to the library. I can make a PowerPoint with links to websites with primary sources and put it on my website so students can use the links, but they will spend an hour randomly Googling and then ask me how to find a primary source for their project. Seriously. I can't stand it. It is going to drive me to the brink. (I'm not sure of what--but I am now at some brink, somewhere, dangerously close to an edge.)

5) My class is at one of the high schools in my district. I just went to the bathroom and this was written on the back of the door: "i haven't truely smiled in over 2 years." My first thought was, "Wow, I hope that's not true." My second thought, the one from the English teacher in me, was, "Well maybe if you had paid attention in English class and knew to capitalize the 'i' and how to spell truly, you would have smiled sometime recently. My third thought was, "That would be an excellent opening line to a book. I should write it down in my journal."

6) It's Bachelor night! Part of me is very much excited. The other part of me is not because I know that Jake is totally going to keep Vienna and I am going to get really annoyed and lose all faith in men, which is what happens every season. I have hopes that Jake is different, but I think the fake blond hair and big boobs are just things that no man on a reality show can overcome. Have any of them every thought that their inability to see past dye jobs and chests could possible be the reason they aren't married??

7) My friend just told me a story. Here it is:

There was a boy in one of her college English classes. He was beautiful, and she would stare at him every class. She never talked to him. Now, he is famous--like in a movie famous--and is engaged Eva from America's Next Top Model (the winner of season 3).
My response:
If you had talked to him, you wouldn't be teaching right now because you would have a rich husband. You totally missed your chance.

8) I have a terrible headache--looking at a computer is making it worse. Boo. How weird would it be for me to put on my sunglasses? Because I totally just did. It helps; the lights in my classroom are too bright. But, I feel too stupid, so I took them off. Now I am just sitting at my computer feeling sick. Boo again.

Here's to another fabulous week (actually, it should be pretty great because I am totally taking a personal day Friday to celebrate Valentine's Day with myself).

1 comment:

  1. We can be thankful we didn't write that on the bathroom door. There was a time a few years ago when I could have. Praise God we're not there anymore. And He is our Valentine!!

    ReplyDelete