"And he who was seated on the throne said, "Behold, I am making all things new...."
-Revelation 21:5

"An unmarried woman is concerned about the Lord's affairs: Her aim is to be devoted to the Lord...."
-1 Corinthians 7: 34

"To love oneself is the beginning of a life-long romance."
-Oscar Wilde

Monday, February 1, 2010

Computer Class....

So I have to take a technology class for my district. Last week we learned about typing in Microsoft Word and inserting pictures into a Word document. I typed my entry about my trash can and sheep pants fiasco. I can't wait to see what I do today, although I'm sorry to say, but sadly it's true, that nothing exciting happened to me this morning (plus I posted my story from last night already). Here is what I learned (or more correctly am learning....)

1) I have no patience for people who ask stupid questions. I answer stupid questions all day, so I really don't want to put up with them from adults for three hours. I guess I am being a little mean since I think a dumb question is something I know the answer to, but I explained the difference between fact and opinion to three seventh-grade students today. I have no more patience.

2) There are calculators on computers.

3) You can copy and paste on computers. Yeah, I know. It is amazing!

4) If Jake doesn't get rid of Vienna tonight on The Bachelor, I am going to throw a fit. It will
probably be bigger than the fit Ali vowed to throw last week, which, for the record, I am very much looking forward to. It is basically the only thing getting me through class.

5) You can change fonts, font sizes, color, and typeset (bold, italics, and underline).

6) I wish I had a boyfriend and a different cell phone service provider. My friend is texting her boyfriend right now. Since I don't have a boyfriend or AT&T, I am bored. She has a boyfriend and an iPhone. All I have is my stupid blog.

7) Perhaps I should not have mentioned my lack of patience. I had a youth leader when I was in school who would always say, "Jessica, don't pray for patience. Pray for wisdom. If you pray for patience, God will put you in a situation where you have to learn patience." I should have listened to her because now God has put me in a situation where I have to learn patience.

8) Macs cost more than PCs. But, here is my new reason for owning a Mac: A lot of the applications in Microsoft have the abbreviation MS at the beginning (MS Word, MS PowerPoint, etc.) MS are the last two letters in PMS, which no girl likes. Why do I want part of that coming up on my computer all the time?? Therefore, I have a Mac. (I have plenty of other reasons.)

9) It is hard to by happy you are single when you are playing Scrabble on your friend's iPhone and a text pops up from her boyfriend that says, ":) have i told you how beautiful you are lately?" I'm just trying to figure out what word to make when I am basically accosted by this. Now I am bored and lonely. Thanks friend and friend's boyfriend. My only other note on this is that if I ever get a boyfriend, he is going to have to properly punctuate his texts to me--capitalization and everything. Otherwise, I wouldn't find them sweet or romantic. Also, I made my friend respond with the fact that I just threw up on her phone (wishful thinking on my part because if I really threw up, I could go home).

10) I have not told myself today how beautiful I am. "Self," I say, "you are quite pretty." I might try to text this to myself later.

11) When I get home, I can have a glass of wine. This is exciting.

12) Some girl has really chapped lips right now because she left her Softlips sitting by the computer I'm using for class.

13) If you've read this far, first of all-thanks!, second of all-you are probably feeling as bored as I was.

I end this post filled with hope that class will end as well. According to the clock, I have 30 minutes to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment