"And he who was seated on the throne said, "Behold, I am making all things new...."
-Revelation 21:5

"An unmarried woman is concerned about the Lord's affairs: Her aim is to be devoted to the Lord...."
-1 Corinthians 7: 34

"To love oneself is the beginning of a life-long romance."
-Oscar Wilde

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Minute to Win It

I just saw a commercial for a show where people have to do seemingly simple tasks in under a minute. If they complete the task, they win a million dollars. The example from the commercial was pulling all the tissues out of a box only using one hand. My thoughts on this are as follows:

1) That has to be harder than it sounds--so I really want to try it just to see how many I could pull out. If I get bored enough one day, I just might. Or perhaps I will make some students do it....
2) Why do I spend all day teaching kids about writing and reading? Why am I planning to teach them one of my favorite poems tomorrow? They apparantly don't really need these skills. I should be teaching them quick tissue pulling techniques because apparantly the ability to pull tissues from a box is worth a million dollars. Teaching, however, is worth nowhere near this much since I come nowhere near making a million dollars a minute. Perhaps that explains a bit why people think it is a good idea to put shows like this on television. (There's a pretty big rant here, but I'll refrain.)

No comments:

Post a Comment