"And he who was seated on the throne said, "Behold, I am making all things new...."
-Revelation 21:5

"An unmarried woman is concerned about the Lord's affairs: Her aim is to be devoted to the Lord...."
-1 Corinthians 7: 34

"To love oneself is the beginning of a life-long romance."
-Oscar Wilde

Saturday, February 6, 2010

Rooster in a Hen House

Whenever I watch The Bachelorette, I think about how great it would be to be the only girl in a room full of guys and have all their attention on me. I imagine that guys probably feel the same way about being in a room full of girls. Well, at least I thought that until today.

This morning, I went with a friend to hear a speaker at her church. Before the speaker, we had a time of praise and worship. My friend's boyfriend was singing and playing guitar. He played a show last night, and my friend told me this morning that they were out late. So, when I walked in and looked at him, he had that look that says, "I'm here, but not quite, because I'm still kind of asleep." I don't blame him--it was early, and I wasn't quite awake myself.

Now would be a good time to mention that we were attending a women's conference, and my friend's boyfriend was the only guy in the room. Seriously. The ONLY one--even the person running sound was a girl.

After they finished the worship set, my friend's boyfriend was packing up his stuff as the speaker came to the stage and started talking. She pointed out that he was the only guy around and told him he was welcome to stay if he wanted to. Then, she said this:
"You can stay, but since it is all girls, sooner or later I'm going to say something about boobs."

I'm not sure how awake he was before the word boobs came out of her mouth, but let me assure you it served as an alarm clock of sorts. He turned red and basically bolted from the room. Seriously, he ran. He ran pretty fast--with a guitar I might add, which was quite impressive.

I was slightly embarrassed for him, but it's hard to feel that bad for someone when you're laughing that hard. (It's also hard to feel bad for a guy who is dating someone as awesome as my friend is.) But, it's a good thing he got out when he did because she did eventually say something about boobs.

No comments:

Post a Comment