"And he who was seated on the throne said, "Behold, I am making all things new...."
-Revelation 21:5

"An unmarried woman is concerned about the Lord's affairs: Her aim is to be devoted to the Lord...."
-1 Corinthians 7: 34

"To love oneself is the beginning of a life-long romance."
-Oscar Wilde

Sunday, January 31, 2010

Alpha-Found Soup

Since writing about my life and putting it online is basically an assumption that other people want to read about me and will be entertained by my exploits and is therefore somewhat prideful, I've decided that it is totally acceptable for me to occasionally brag about myself.

Today, I needed to go to the grocery store. I decided, however, that a nap was a better option. So, while I went to youth group well-rested with a nicely-planned lesson to teach, when I got home tonight and was hungry, I was in a bit of a bind. I went on a scavenger hunt of sorts through my kitchen and found enough ingredients to make soup. I proceeded to make a soup that consisted of the following: squash, zucchini, half of a red onion, corn, diced tomatoes, kidney beans, northern beans, and vegetable broth. It ended up being pretty good, and I made some space in my cabinet. Look at me, I thought, I can create dinner from seemingly nothing.

I must admit, I am feeling quite proud of myself and am considering having my students call me Food Macgyver tomorrow. Even though they are way too young to get the allusion.

1 comment:

  1. As I read the words Food Macgyver my thought was "If your students don't know what a polaroid picture is there is no way they've seen or heard of Macgyver." Needless to say I was thankful for the line after that and once again we share a brain.

    ReplyDelete