"And he who was seated on the throne said, "Behold, I am making all things new...."
-Revelation 21:5

"An unmarried woman is concerned about the Lord's affairs: Her aim is to be devoted to the Lord...."
-1 Corinthians 7: 34

"To love oneself is the beginning of a life-long romance."
-Oscar Wilde

Friday, January 8, 2010

Glad to Be a Girl

There have been countless times when I thought that I would rather be a guy because if I wanted to go out on a date I could just ask instead of having to wait to be asked. (I know, there are some who think that it's fine and dandy for girls to ask guys out on dates, but I guess I'm just old-fashioned.)

Then, I look at the boys I teach, and I am reminded that if I were a boy than I would think that crushing goldfish on the cafeteria floor, mixing food on a lunch tray, and making jokes about bodily functions were the epitome of humor. (I know that men, aka boys who just look old on the outside, seem to grow out of this stage, but I have a sneaky feeling that they just learn to hide it well.)

Call me crazy, but I would rather be at home with my wit.

No comments:

Post a Comment