"And he who was seated on the throne said, "Behold, I am making all things new...."
-Revelation 21:5

"An unmarried woman is concerned about the Lord's affairs: Her aim is to be devoted to the Lord...."
-1 Corinthians 7: 34

"To love oneself is the beginning of a life-long romance."
-Oscar Wilde

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Clothes v. The New Neighbor Part 2

So my new neighbor stopped by today to drop off his business card and home phone number in case my roommate and I ever need anything. Very nice and thoughtful, especially since he works for the Criminal Justice Academy and has a gun. No longer will I be afraid of running on the treadmill, no matter how many Law and Order: SVU episodes I watch. If I hear a crazy noise, I can call my neighbor who will come over with his gun. It is like Elliot Stabler has moved in next door. But, the real point of my post is not how my mom--who worries about me whenever she knows I am going to be getting back to my house late-- should now stop worrying because my neighbor has a gun. The point is what I was wearing.

This week is Spirit Week at my school, so each day has a theme. Today was retro day, so I wore pink corduroy pants with this off-white hippie-tunic looking thing that has pink embroidery. The pink on the shirt didn't really match the pink on my pants that well, but I decided it didn't matter because 1) it is retro day and 2) I'm a crazy English teacher, my clothes aren't supposed to match perfectly all the time. I got home from school around 5:30 and about 2 minutes after I walked in the door, the doorbell rang. It was new neighbor. Hi new neighbor. It's nice to see you again. This is my hippie shirt. Peace. Far out or whatever.

To recap, when he met me I had sheep on my pants. Today, the second time we have ever spoken, I was wearing my retro day outfit. Either he now thinks I am totally crazy or he didn't notice anything because he's a guy and it's clothes. Whichever it is, I am starting to wonder when I got bitten by the embarrassing clothes bug.

2 comments:

  1. Enjoying your blog!! (and yes, I totally caught up by reading...all of the posts). These last two posts were especially entertaining! And I just had to comment on them so that you'll now know I am stalking you via blog-reading. Is that weird? Hope not... but in the spirit of your blog, I will embrace this part of myself and let you know that I will likely continue blog-stalking you. Hope you are okay that quirk of mine... -Steph Caldwell

    ReplyDelete