"And he who was seated on the throne said, "Behold, I am making all things new...."
-Revelation 21:5

"An unmarried woman is concerned about the Lord's affairs: Her aim is to be devoted to the Lord...."
-1 Corinthians 7: 34

"To love oneself is the beginning of a life-long romance."
-Oscar Wilde

Friday, January 8, 2010

If Girls Like Clothes So Much...

then why do they eat naked food? After reading my post last night, my younger sister called me to report that she had just gotten dinner with a friend at a burrito place. She informed me that the three girls in front of them, as well as the five girls behind them in the line, all ordered "naked burritos." "Proof," she said, "of everyone's New Year's Diet."

While I completely understand the fact that skipping the tortilla will bring down the calorie count and rid your burrito of carbs, and while I have been known to order the occassional naked burrito myself, I still think it is totally ok to get your burrito with its clothes on (even if you are on a date--but I must add that my college room mate and I decided that a burrito might be one of the worst foods to eat on a date because there really isn't a way to look pretty while you eat one). And, while you're at it, accessorize the thing a bit. Salsa, cheese, the works. Because if you feel better after getting all dolled up in the morning, who's to say that a burrito doesn't feel the same way?

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know my burrito thanked me for not only dressing it but also giving it heels, make-up, and a scarf.

    ReplyDelete