"And he who was seated on the throne said, "Behold, I am making all things new...."
-Revelation 21:5

"An unmarried woman is concerned about the Lord's affairs: Her aim is to be devoted to the Lord...."
-1 Corinthians 7: 34

"To love oneself is the beginning of a life-long romance."
-Oscar Wilde

Thursday, January 21, 2010

New Book!

I wrote a bit in my last post about my belief that books find us at the right time. I started a new book yesterday, and found this quote that I think expresses how I fell quite nicely.

"Perhaps there is some secret sort of homing instinct in books that brings them to their perfect readers. How delightful if that were true."
-The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society

I think it is as delightful as finding the perfect book at the perfect moment, and I am quite looking forward to reading the rest of this one. Just another reason I'm glad I'm single--no one to interrupt my late-night reading. I can leave my bedroom light on as late as I wish.

No comments:

Post a Comment