"And he who was seated on the throne said, "Behold, I am making all things new...."
-Revelation 21:5

"An unmarried woman is concerned about the Lord's affairs: Her aim is to be devoted to the Lord...."
-1 Corinthians 7: 34

"To love oneself is the beginning of a life-long romance."
-Oscar Wilde

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Why I Can't Quit My Job

As previously discussed, there are some days when I want to marry a rich guy so that I can quit teaching, but after thinking about it, I remember how much I love my job. Here's a brief conversation that just took place in my room that fits perfectly into the category of "I can never quit teaching because then I would miss out on things like this":

Female Student (to Male Student): "I was going to say something, but I'm not going to say it because it might hurt your feelings."

Male Student: "I don't have feelings. I'm a man."

While making this announcement, he proudly hit his hand against his chest. See, even if I married a billionaire, all his money wouldn't be as entertaining as that. Plus, why would I want to marry someone with no feelings??

2 comments:

  1. Oh teaching middle school! It's love hate relationship!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for adding some laughter to my afternoon!

    ReplyDelete