"And he who was seated on the throne said, "Behold, I am making all things new...."
-Revelation 21:5

"An unmarried woman is concerned about the Lord's affairs: Her aim is to be devoted to the Lord...."
-1 Corinthians 7: 34

"To love oneself is the beginning of a life-long romance."
-Oscar Wilde

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Flat Tire 2.0

I should learn not to blog until situations are fully resolved. My tires have a special lug nut, which means you have to have a key to get the tire off in order to put on the spare. I got a flat tire once in college. It turned out to be a long, epic ordeal because the key needed to take the flat off was not in my car. It involved having my car towed to my local Mazda dealer. It was not good. But, the good part was that the service guy put a key in with my spare tire parts so that if I ever got another flat tire, I wouldn't have the same problem. So today, I was anticipating an easy fix. But, I forgot to take into account that I am me.

One of my friends came up to my school during my planning today to put my spare tire on. We got out all the tools (which I haven't seen since my last spare tire fiasco years ago), and the magical key was missing yet again. The only thing I can think of that may have happened was that when I got new tires 3 years ago, the technician didn't put the key back where it belonged. So that left me with a flat tire and no way to get it off.

My friend started walking around the parking lot looking at tires to see if anyone had a special anti-theft lug nut that looked like mine. One car did, so I interrupted this teacher's class to borrow her keys. We got out her key, but it didn't work. So now, I am stuck at school and have to deal with my worst class before I can have a tow truck come and tow my poor car to my local automotive place where they will hopefully be able to get the flat off. (I called, and the guy assured me that he could.) In short, it isn't turning out to be my day....and it is getting more difficult for me to not feel sorry for myself. I don't really know how a husband would help in this situation...because he wouldn't be able to magic off the flat tire...but alas, that fact doesn't change how I feel. (I think I assume he would swoop in and handle everything, and I wouldn't have to think about it--I don't like having to handle things.) So, here's a new list of truth:

1) As stated in the last post, I could be on the side of the road somewhere.
2) My mom lives close to me and is willing to call a tow truck and come meet it this afternoon. Even though she is sick and it is my brother's birthday.
3) I teach with people who don't mind if I interrupt their classes to borrow their car keys for very odd reasons.
4) I work with friends who are willing to stay after school with me and then drive me to the automotive place (where they may have to wait with me some more).
5) This is not the end of the world. God still loves me. It will me ok.

No comments:

Post a Comment