"And he who was seated on the throne said, "Behold, I am making all things new...."
-Revelation 21:5

"An unmarried woman is concerned about the Lord's affairs: Her aim is to be devoted to the Lord...."
-1 Corinthians 7: 34

"To love oneself is the beginning of a life-long romance."
-Oscar Wilde

Monday, January 31, 2011

Things Students Say

My students say funny things all the time, but every once in a while, they say something really amazing. Here are three examples from today:

Student 1 is a swimmer, and she sometimes goes to swim practice in the mornings before school. So today when she came up to me and said, "This morning I set a new personal best," I was expecting her to say something about swimming. Instead she said, "I set my personal record for most number of days being alive."

Student 2 asked me a question clarifying some directions I had just given. I re-explained the assignment for him, and as soon as I finished, he asked, "Wait, so what should I do?" Several students just turned and stared at him because I had literally just answered that question specifically for him. So, I told him I had just explained it. He threw his hands up and said, "I wasn't listening! I was paying attention!" (To what? Obviously not to me....)

Finally, during an activity that required students to use dictionaries, student 3 held up a dictionary and asked, "Do you mind if I use this as a war drum?" Seriously.

Now you all wish you were middle school teachers. Admit it. If you were, you would have had all these things said to you along with learning today that Justin Bieber has a tattoo. I may have the coolest or the strangest job in the world.

1 comment:

  1. Isn't it great to have a job that is FUN, filled with great people, and where God is using you to glorify HIM!!!

    ReplyDelete