"And he who was seated on the throne said, "Behold, I am making all things new...."
-Revelation 21:5

"An unmarried woman is concerned about the Lord's affairs: Her aim is to be devoted to the Lord...."
-1 Corinthians 7: 34

"To love oneself is the beginning of a life-long romance."
-Oscar Wilde

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

How Old Am I Really??

Occasionally a student will slip up and call me mom in class. I like to think that I'm friendly and caring and that my students aren't afraid to come to me if they need help, so it doesn't bother me when it happens. But today a student called me grandma. Seriously. I am getting over a pretty nasty cold, so I know I don't look my best plus I don't have much of a voice, but I didn't know I looked old enough to be a grandmother.....In her defense, she was about to tell me a story about her grandma's new puppy. So I guess it's ok.

1 comment:

  1. Is that worse or being called the name of another teacher that you are NOTHING like?

    ReplyDelete