"And he who was seated on the throne said, "Behold, I am making all things new...."
-Revelation 21:5

"An unmarried woman is concerned about the Lord's affairs: Her aim is to be devoted to the Lord...."
-1 Corinthians 7: 34

"To love oneself is the beginning of a life-long romance."
-Oscar Wilde

Friday, January 14, 2011

Psalm 7:17 Friday II

I will give to the Lord the thanks due to his righteousness, and I will sing praise to the name of the Lord, the Most High.
-Psalm 7:17

Things I am Thankful for This Week

--My job. It means that when I'm grading I get to read things like this:
"Another thing that I never gave up on is writing this essay....If I would have given up than I would have made a grade worse than you are about to give me."
And this:
"What was weird was the fact that she kissed him, yes actual kissage....I went over to my friend Graham when all was said and done. 'Did you see what just happened?' he exclaimed. 'She kissed me! And she didn't throw up afterwards!'"
Oh how I love my students!
--Snow!
--Four snow days, which gave me time to rest and finally get over the nagging cold I had had for two weeks.
--Two friends who were willing to drive through the snow to come pick me up so we could hang out during Snow Days 0'11. (And one who drove over the ice to take me home and then drove back to his house then back to my house to bring me my school bag that I had left there.)
--My amazing friend Kristin, who is beyond supportive and encouraging and who gives great advice about new Bible study books. I am so blessed to have her as a friend and as a co-worker
(and as a fellow blogger--check out her blog for her own Psalm 7:17 Friday post).
--The Holy Spirit, who somehow manages to help me take valuable stuff away from all my Old Testament reading.
--God's love for me and His goodness and for how He gives me the desires of my heart (and how He opens my eyes to let me see that it's sometimes in unconventional, but wonderful, ways).

No comments:

Post a Comment